With the new Edit feature, users will be able to make corrections and changes to an already sent message on WhatsApp under a set timeframe.
How the feature can come in handy, you may ask. Well, the feature will simply allow users to correct the typos, make corrections, and required changes and even lets users add more context to a sent message, even after sending them.
WhatsApp has confirmed that the feature is rolling out gradually and it will be available to all WhatsApp users on both Android and iOS platforms in the coming months.
Before we tell you the steps for editing an already sent message on WhatsApp, there are certain things you should know about the features.
- WhatsApp has limited the edit window to 15 minutes. This means a message can only be edited within 15 minutes after being sent.
- WhatsApp will add an ‘edited’ tag/label next to the time stamp to show changes to the receiver or other users.
- The Delete for Everyone feature works within the 15-minute windows as well as posts till two days after the message is sent.
- The Edit feature works for both individual chats as well as group chats
Steps to edit a sent message on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp and head to any chat window on which you’ve recently sent a message (not more than 15 minutes ago).
- Long press on the chat and then tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Choose the Edit option.
- Make the corrections/changes you want and send it again.
The Edit message feature has been there on instant messaging platforms for a while. In fact, Apple also added it in the recent update in iMessage, and Telegram and Signal already have the offer.
WhatsApp being one of the most used instant messaging platforms, the feature was much needed and WhatsApp has finally added it to the platform. You can edit a sent message by simply following the above-mentioned steps.